Round 3 of the Queensland Government's Business Basics Grants Program opens at 9am on Wednesday 4 May 2022. The program is administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT).
What is the program you ask? The Business Basics grants program provides support of $5,000 (excluding GST) to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
1. Training and coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching of up to 4 months in duration
2. Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
3. Professional business advice
- Business plans
4. Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
5. Business continuity and succession
- Business continuity and succession plans
Cybersafety training and tools
You may be eligible for a single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
The grant is for funding activities from the above 5 priorities.
FortiTech can work with you to supply quotes for the following services, we also have experience in writing the grant applications to help you put your best foot forward when applying:
- Cybersafety Training - Security Awareness Training for your staff
- Cybersafety Tools - Firewalls, End Point Detection and Response Tools, Antispam filtering, penetration testing and more
- Business Continuity - Business Continuity plans and policies
- Website Build or Upgrade - New website builds, website refresh, e-commerce sites
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- not have been approved for funding under Round 1 or 2 of the Business Basics grants program
- have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have headquarters in Queensland and you are applying for a SEQ or regional grant depending on where your business is based (use the eligibility tool to check your location)
- have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- not have owners/directors that are insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt.
If you are interested in applying we highly recommend setting up your SmartyGrants account before the launch date as the application system does get overwhelmed once it goes live.
You can also find out more about the grant here.